Friday, April 22, 2011

a look toward the horizon

I've been failing at the whole blog challenge thing lately. I've just been swamped! But I'm going to continue my break from the blog challenge for just a few more minutes. I promise to do the next challenge.... eventually.

Man what a crazy few weeks it has been! With the dance concert wrapping up, I thought I would have a lot more time on my hands. Of course, I was mistaken. But I don't know why I'm surprised how stressful the last week or so has been. The end of the semester always brings stress with it. It cannot be helped.

The only thing getting me through the busy days and nights is the thought of the fantastic new adventure I'm about to take next semester. It's (finally) official. I have been accepted into the University of Utah. So if everything goes as planned I will be attending the U next semester in the Actor Training Program. The only downfall is that I'll be living at home. Joy. Honestly, I don't think it's going to be that bad. I love my family. And it'll be nice to have my own, full sized bedroom again. Living rent free will be nice as well. And the idea that anytime I'm hungry I can just go home and eat is a fantastic thing. So all in all I think it will be a good thing. At least for the first year. That is one thing that appealed to me so much about the U. Besides the fact that it has a reputation for an intense, prestigious acting program (which I feel is exactly what I need) I will finally be close to my family again. No more missed birthdays or Sunday dinners or school plays or basketball games. :]

But, as I look forward to this fall I realize that I have a long summer ahead of me. There are times when I wish I could just pause time for a while and enjoy my friends in Price before the year is over. But the end is inevitable I suppose. My feelings about this change is interesting. I'm not incredibly upset about leaving the school. I grew up a lot during my time here. I am a happier person because of the experiences that USUCEUWTF has given me. But honestly, I'm not going to miss this school too much. At least, I don't think I will. I definitely will miss the Geary. It's become my home and my sanctuary. And I will miss the fantastic friends that I have and will always have from here. But as for the school, I'm ready to move one. I definitely feel that I have learned all I can learn here. And God has given me several pieces of evidence that it is time to move on. I just wish I could take my loved ones with me. On commencement day, saying goodbye to the people in my Price-life is going to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

But that's just it. I have to do it. It is a part of adulthood, a part of life. And I need to accept that. The next four years are going to be intense and exciting. I need to look ahead. Not back.

So ladies and gents, I need to start looking forward to the amazing summer that I have ahead of me. In the spirit of optimism here is a list of good things that this summer is bringing me!

  • Wednesdays with Val and Christin (I get to see Benson AND Christin get big! :D )
  • The King and I (Guess that means I better get in shape!)
  • Family (Reunions, barbeque's and birthdays)
  • Money (which means a repaired car and computer, and a tattoo. Maybe...)
  • A tan (and maybe a six pack? as if...)
  • And a fresh start on my new years resolutions!

My good friend Farrah has decided to live a Summer of Happiness. Which inspired me to do the same. I am going to have a summer full of fun, preparation, and hard work. And you know what? I'm stoked. :D

-mikey-

oh ps. The Boy has started a blog! Follow him! It'll be worth it! ;]

1 comment:

  1. AHH!! I'm so excited you want to have a summer of happiness too!! You are so amazing and I can't wait to see how successful you are! I love you so much and I'm going to miss you terribly, but you will always be one of my best friends. I love you so much! Let the summer of happiness begin!

    ReplyDelete