Thursday, April 28, 2011

Free time? I could get used to this...

So this afternoon, after I got out of my rockin geology class, (I hate puns. really I do.) I found myself standing in the doorway to my closet sized bedroom staring in and thinking: "What now?"

It's a weird feeling having free "me time" after you've had weeks of nothing but stress packing every second of your day. You kind of don't know what to do with yourself. So I did what any other young adult does when they have a spare ten minutes. I opened my laptop. It was nice to just be in my quiet room all alone. I let the day, the week, the month just slip away. With finals coming to a close I can finally feel the stress lighten. I'm not quite done yet. I still have a few more finals to do. But the worst of it all is over. And before I know it, it'll be summer and I'll be home. Yay? I haven't quite decided...

Anyway. Onwards and upwards.

Only a few more days left of my challenge. Let's do this.

Day 28- Your favorite movie.
This one changes from time to time. I love movies, so it's hard to pick just one. But this one consistently rises above the others.

Just seeing those orange stripes makes me happy inside.
I think the thing that I love most about Juno is that it is everything that a good movie needs to be, without trying. It's hilarious because the screenwriter is hilarious. It's that simple. She didn't hire joke-writers or get gimmicky. The pages of the screenplay are not dripping with slap stick or caricature. There isn't a Will Ferrel or an Adam Sandler in sight. It is simply witty writing. It stears clear of melodrama. Juno is touching because the situations are real. They aren't dramatized, cheesy or tacky. They just are. The characters are people that I actually care about. They are people I want to meet and spend my life laughing with.

So there you go. My favorite movie. Watch it.

ps. the other amazing thing about this movie is that it always makes me think of one of my best friends in the whole world. Love you beej. :]

1 comment:

  1. <3333

    That's my favorite movie. And yep, it always reminds me of you.

    ReplyDelete