Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 5- The Life of The Party

Day 1 – A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was. 
Day 2 – Tell us about your job. 
Day 3 – Your idea of the perfect first date. 
Day 4 – Your favorite photograph of your best friend. 



Day 5- A photo of yourself two years ago. 
Title- "The Life of the Party" is from the off-Broadway musical The Wild Party with book, music and lyrics by Andrew Lippa, based on the epic poem by Joseph Moncure March (not to be confused with the Broadway musical with the same title, based on the same poem, which opened the same year, but was written by Michael John LaChiusa and George C. Wolfe). I chose this song because I came across it my freshman year of college when this picture was taken. And every time I hear it I get the bitter-sweet feeling in my stomach of that spring, which was a huge turning point in my life.




This picture was taken almost exactly two years ago. These are two very amazing people. The three of us were basically inseparable my Freshman year. I truly believe that God had a hand in placing us together. As the the school year began to close, my first huge "episode" of depression was beginning to set in (you can tell by the pale skin and the god awful bags under my eyes in that picture). I was about to have one of the hardest Springs I have ever had, or will ever have. As my two closest friends watched my downward spiral into darkness, they each took a hand and walked with me. This picture was taken on one of the very last nights we had together before school ended and Casey went off on his mission. Seeing that I was having a particularly hard time that day, they kidnapped me and trekked me out to Moab for a trip to Arches National Park. This was one of the best nights of my life. I was able to forget about my life and my pain, and just focus on having an amazing last night with my two best friends. I will always remember laying on one of the huge rocks in the park, nuzzled between my two favorite people and staring up at the stars, listening to the wind and just feeling completely free and happy. I will never forget what they did for me. I will love them always :]


-mikey-

1 comment: