Sunday, September 18, 2011

...and counting

22 years ago today, mini Michael was brought into the world screaming and crying and covered in gross. 

adorable.

Now, 22 years later, the adult (ha) version of that screaming new born is going through a similar, although less traumatic (and less messy), experience. A new chapter in my life has just begun. And I can't help but think about everything that has led me here. 

Lately, I've been focusing a lot on regrets. A lot of my attention has been put on my weaknesses and how I could have worked harder in my past to overcome them. I've become slightly obsessed with fantasies about what life could be like right now if only I had put a little bit more time and energy into myself in high school and the years following graduation. 

Luckily, I'm still young and have a lot of time to grow and learn. Right?

Simply put, the clock is ticking. I don't want to wake up in another 22 years and realize that all my dreams and ambitions passed me by.

I need goals. Fortunately I'm really really good at making goals.

Unfortunately, I'm a failure when it comes to reaching them.

Please bless that the next 22 years are more productive than the first 22 have been. 

-mikey-


1 comment:

  1. One of the (somewhat painful) lessons I'm learning right now is to stop looking back and wishing I had done something differently. What if's get us nowhere, and in the end, who's to say that if we HAD done something different, something would have changed? Look forward to the wonderful life you can make instead.

    Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. <3

    I love you, boy-o~ Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete