Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm just a HAIRy guy....

First week of school. Check.

First set of auditions. Check.

First set of call backs. Check.

First time seeing my name on a cast list at the University of Utah. MAJOR CHECK.

That's right, ladies and gents. About three months from now, you will see a much more harry (and hopefully much less flabby) version of Michael. I've been cast in my first show here at The U. I'll be performing as a tribal member in HAIR The Musical November 11-20. Hell. Yes.

HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR!
Honestly, I could not be happier. I couldn't have asked for more. I am so excited to do what I love with new people, in a new place, with a piece of theatre that is unlike anything I have ever done. It will be a challenge for me in every way. But that is what excites me the most.

Also, I'm not allowed to cut or shave any part of my body. And that means ANY part. Joy. 

As my second week at school begins, I get the feeling more and more that this is where I'm supposed to be. My acting class is amazing. We have a great group of kids who are bonding and growing by leaps and bounds. I'm making friends, getting out of my comfort zone, and having a blast.

Let's just hope it continues to go up.

-mikey-

2 comments:

  1. Hairy michael. How does Sterling feel about this? ;) Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. The stash is coming back....

    ReplyDelete