Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 3. Too lazy to find a decent title.

Exhausted. My sleeping schedule is all kinds of screwed up. I really don't feel tired at night until it's 2:30 or 3:00 am. And then having to get up at 8:00 is just torture. And, because few people have class in this building on Fridays, I rarely have anyone to tutor. Which means I spend three hours every Friday morning staring at a computer screen and trying to keep my eyes open. Thankfully I have my iPod (which is currently playing Dashboard Confessional) to keep me company and StumbleUpon to keep the time moving relatively quickly. I'll be glad when I can sleep in tomorrow and pretty much spend the day doing nothing. :]

Today's Challenge: Tell us about your perfect first date.

This one was a no brainer for me. I haven't really dated much in the past. In fact I could probably count on my fingers how many "dates" I've actually been on. It really just isn't my style I guess. To me, dates just feel like auditions that I have to pay for! I'd much rather get to know someone in a less formal, pressureless enviornment then on a "date" where you have to force yourself to keep conversation going and you're constantly worried that they are going to order something too expensive and you aren't going to have enough money for a tip. How can you get to know someone in that setting? My perfect first date would be one that neither party even realizes is a "date" until after the fact. There is a moment when you are spending time with someone, when being alone with that person suddenly becomes the ONLY thing you want to do and you realize that your feelings for he or she have extended past friendship and gone into the dark recesses of the "more than friend zone." Why not relax, and let these moments find you instead of constantly trying to force them? The idea of meeting someone at a party/club/bar, getting their number, and then taking them out on an expensive, cliche, and boring "dinner and a movie" date simply grosses me out. Why put yourself through that much trouble? Something I always have to tell myself: "Chill out! Let chemistry happen naturally. Stop focusing on the end result and just have some fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment