Monday, March 14, 2011

Let's Get Down to Business! ...to defeat the huns?

Just a short, casual blog because I'm bored as hell at work.

Spring break is over. Time to get back to work. And in all honesty, I'm excited. It's funny, for years I would hear people say things like "I'm so glad I didn't get cast in that play! Now I finally have time for school!" In those situations I would usually roll my eyes to myself thinking that they were just trying to cover their disappointment. But, now that I'm actually in that situation, I'm beginning to think they had a point. As disappointed as I am that The Odd Couple didn't work out, a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It seems like everything I was stressed about has suddenly lost weight. It's an amazing feeling to finally have enough time in your day to get things done. I would still rather be at rehearsal. But hey, what can ya do?

Spring break was fun. I spent the weekend with my best friend Lisha Lynn. We saw an incredible production of The Lion in Winter at Weber State. I've always been a huge fan of the play and film. I was afraid they wouldn't be able to do it justice. But I was pleasantly surprised. :] I spent the rest of the week sitting at home relaxing. Watched a few movies. I finally saw Burlesque (wanted it to be better. But it is what it is.) and The Social Network (I was completely blown away. Definitely one of my new favorites.). And I also saw For Colored Girls because it was recommended to me. I was blown away by this movie as well. The talent was undeniable. It was a bit on the melodrama side, which I disliked. There were only a few parts that bothered me. All in all I loved it. Still on my list of films to watch are The Kings Speech and Rabbit Hole.

It's nice to be back. I missed my friends. And my room. And my computer. And my blankets. And my... complicated. ;] But I already miss my puppies and my Mommy. I wish that my two lives (home and school) weren't so far away from each other. I wish I could have my family near me as well as my friends and school. Hopefully next semester (you know, when I'm attending The UNIVERSITY OF UTAH) it'll be better. That way I'll be the one going home for Sunday dinners and dragging my friends with me. :]

So it looks like I'll be auditioning for The King and I in a few weeks. It's a summer production in Tooele. I'll have to miss the first few weeks of rehearsal because of school but the director didn't seem to think that was a big deal. So who knows? In a couple months I may have spray tan and a shaved head. ...then again maybe not. ;]

Basically that's all. My life really isn't that exciting. I just was in the mood to blog. Which doesn't happen often. So when it does I need to seize the opportunity!

Thanks for reading! Peace and blessings!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to resist this...but it just didn't HAPPEN! :) Love you Boo.

    ReplyDelete